Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Friday, February 8, 2008

Nothing worth doing is ever easy... or something like that!

Okay, I know they say that good things come to those who wait...so what about those who WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT? I was informed (very brusquely I might add) by our agency rep that we will NOT be registered in St. Pete on February 11 after all. They needed some extra paperwork for our dossier (this is in addition to the five extra documents we already sent them.) So, there was no way that I could gather the papers on Wednesday, FedEx them for Thursday delivery, get them from NC to Russia and translated by Monday, February 11 and forwarded to St. Petersburg... so, the wait goes on... and on, etc. etc.

The really funny thing is that the documents they are asking for are really redundant and ridiculous. The first thing they wanted was a license from our social worker (okay, not an outrageous request), a letter from the State of Tennessee saying that our agency is in good standing (even though our agency has a current license from the State of Tennessee, which we have already provided three State verified copies of) and (get this) an addendum to our home study stating where we go to church and that we promise not to make our kids go to church if they don't want to or to force them to be Catholic when they grow up. I could go on and on about all the reasons this is a ridiculous request, first of which being what kind of mother would I be if I allowed the whims of my three year old child to dictate what I do every Sunday morning... but not the least of which being that I make Jack go to CCD every Wednesday against his will, just because I know he likes to complain. So, anyway, that's the latest... more of nothing, really.

"I am the Lord, the God of every person on Earth. Nothing is impossible for me." Jeremiah 32:27

1 comment:

adrin said...

Really it is ridiculous asking for such silly documents but you stay with positive. I know its hard to wait. Horrible indeed. I am sure that you will definitely get through it soon.

Code is - Legal advice forum   

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?