Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Okay all you faithful few readers, I am asking for your input. Please come out of hiding and post your thoughts. Here's the topic... what should I do with my blog? I feel that more and more, my two blogs are melding and the separation between life with four kids and adoption are blurring. Meg's blog seems to become less and less about the journey to adopt her and more and more about life with her. But that leaves me with a tough choice to make when life with her overlaps life with my boys (which, obviously, is every day.) SO, here's the question... if there are tons of folks who feel like this blog is helpful from an adoption standpoint and would not want to weed through the funny stories about my parenting snafus and just general muckety muck to get to that, then by all means, I'll keep it separate. And I know that sometimes as an adoptive parent, I didn't tune in nearly as much to the "family" blogs as I did to the adoption only blogs. So, I totally understand if your vote is to keep it separate.

In other news, we are fostering another Golden this week. (Shhh, if you see my husband, don't tell him. He's out of town and doesn't know.) Anyway, I know, I know... as my neighbor put it, "Things were calm yesterday so I feel ready for the step of adding a foster dog to the mix." hahaha Anyway, I'm a sucker for anything homeless and when the rescue lady called and begged me, I couldn't turn her down. After all, we've had some very interesting fosters in the past (see my other blog for stories about our narcoleptic puppy... who happened to be named Meg.) Anyway, I digress, again. Our new foster is Luke. He's a total sweety. He is on the floor in Meg's room as we speak, sleeping by her bed. The door is open, as always, so he can come out whenever he wants, but he is just laying there next to her. So sweet! I'm telling you, Golden's can have annoying traits, not the least of which is all the shedding, but you'll never find a sweeter breed with children. They are positively maternal!

So, please don't forget to voice your opinions on the blog poll.

James 1:5
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

Ondrea

15 comments:

Antoine & Lori said...

I vote blend them! At some point, life takes over adoption. I think that y'all are there! Blessings. Lori

Heather Brandt said...

Blend them...I'm adopting but I would still read your blog and benefit from it if is is blended. It will be easier for you to keep up:)

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I say blend them as well. You will still be able to give Meg updates on attachment, etc. and then we will receive a plus...we'll get to see those cute boys of yours too!

Kristine

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I vote for blending! I read them both anyway, so it's one less click for me ;0)

Beth said...

I say blend them, too! One of my ideas for our blog (which I never got around to doing) was to somehow include a section on the side that people could click on and it would jump to the adoption specific entries of our blog. You are far more blog savvy than I am so perhaps this is something you could do.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I enjoy your blog, but if it is easier to do one, you should do what is best for you. I barely have time to update mine with one, and I can't imagine how amazingly busy you are! I know I'll keep reading! :) By the way, I love MM's outfit in the last post! So cute!

Karen said...

Ditto! Blend them. I'll still read.
Karen

Barb said...

I read both of your blogs and will continue to do so if you keep them separate, but I agree with the others - blend them. It'll be a lot easier for you.
Barb

Michelle R said...

Heck, I forgot you had another blog- where in the fog have I been? Can we just keep a little pink around?? Maybe a bow or 2? "Preserve the Pink!" in the face of much testosterone you have to fight for the feminine. :) (I can only say that because I too have a house of testosterone)

Joe and Renae said...

I say blend them also. I love reading your Meg updates, but am sure I will still get those and more if you blend.

Renae

Becky and Keith said...

Blend them! I would LOVE to read about your proud mommy moments because I have MANY of my own and you make me laugh (and feel sane!).

Lindsay said...

Blend them. Definitely.

(Why has reading so many comments saying 'blend them' made me think of cocktails???)

findingourdaughter said...

I didn't know you had another blog?? But if it is easier, then just do one....just as long as I can still follow up with your wonderful big family and your doll Meg. We are adopting, but I've ventured on my blog a little here and there. I think eventually in the future it will become a family blog.
Good Luck and God bless!
Angie

Shane & Marie said...

Our adoption is already completed, so I vote to blend them because I would love to hear all the stories about your entire family.

AMIT said...

Oh nice post shared here.Thanks for sharing it.

Apostille info

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?