Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Latest

I spoke with Katrina at CSS this AM. Our dossier arrived safely in Moscow... that's one answered prayer to check off the list. So, it's just a matter now of translating the documents and getting them over to St. Petersburg. Brian and I went to the notary this morning and finished up the extra documents that St. Pete requires. Tomorrow morning I will pick up a copy of an added document from Catholic Charities and an extra copy of our marriage license, and we will be ready for this second round of documents. This is totally typical of Russian adoption, there are always last minute papers to gather and prepare. There will be another round between trip one and trip two, so we're not exactly done, but we're one step closer. It's so real now.

Today I bought the paint for her room and will take all the truck stickers down off the ceiling (from when that used to be Liam and Jack's room, a few years ago.) Julie Jordan (decorator) is coming on Wednesday and she will help me pull it all together. I am SO excited. Once I get it together I will post some picks here.

My quote for the day comes from an e-mail Brian sent me:
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that for me?" LOVE IT!

Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tenst of the righteous: "The Lord's right hand has done mighty things!" Psalm 118:15

No comments:

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?