Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Progress

On December 20th I mailed our dossier to North Carolina to Catholic Social Services. They received it on the 21st and have reviewed it. Yesterday, I talked with the Russia director, Carol, and she said that our dossier will go to Moscow sometime within the week. It will travel with another family who is going to adopt so it will be given directly to Svetlana, the Russian Coordinator. Now is when things start to feel real. There is a real little girl out there whom God has chosen to be our daughter. Every day He is preparing her to meet us and He has been caring for her until now. "Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down. My days were shaped, before one came o be." Psalm 139:16 WOW!



Carol believes we will travel by the beginning of March. That is really overwhelming. I have all these emotions regarding this adoption. I am anxious to get her home, knowing this will be our last child, I just want all my family around the dinner table and to know that everyone is safe and home. That will feel like peace, I think. But also, knowing there is hard work ahead with helping her adjust. And I worry about Connor being de-throned from the "baby king" position. I know he is going to struggle with sharing the spotlight, but in the long run, it will certainly be good for him.



We don't know where we will go. We are hoping not to return to Moscow because of the ten day waiting period that Moscow is strictly enforcing now. St. Petersburg allows the ten days to be waived and often gives advanced referrals, which would allow us to consult our beloved, trusted, Dr. Heil, before traveling. However, we are trusting God to intervene on our behalf and direct those involved to send our dossier to where our daughter is. We believe that there is a specific child who He has chosen from the beginning of time to be part of our family and I am dependent on Him to bring us together with her. "Behind and before you encircle me and rest Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5 I have been praying for her for a long time, but now I have very specific prayers for her. Many faithful people are praying, so now is where faith and trust in Him go into action. This is where the rubber meets the road, so to speak, and we get the chance to live out what we speak of faith and trust in God. It's such a hard thing to give up control, to fight the urge to over-manage the process, and to just breathe and be still, waiting on Him and His PERFECT timing. "Cease striving and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10



I think Brian is hoping that this waiting period will be extended a little, as I have been a cleaning fool the past week. I have cleaned out closets and cabinets, waxed floors and furniture, and generally gone crazy trying to get my "nest" in order. Nesting is not something that is only for third-trimester women, it's for all expectant moms!



Thanks for checking in with us. There should be many more posts in the coming weeks and we will certainly use this site to publish from Russia if we can. We covet your prayers during this time of anxious, expectant, WAAAAIIIIITTTTTIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!

No comments:

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?