Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No News Does Not Equal Good News

While the saying "No News is good news" is probably true in that it certainly isn't bad news... but it's not really good either when you are WAITING and WAITING! Anticipation puts me in a bad mood. I never was good at that "Be still" part of knowing that God is God. I'm edgy and ready to go. I feel like I need to be DOING something... that's the ADHD side of my brain taking over. So, in the meantime, I'm painting, sewing, dreaming, and trying to keep myself occupied and on top of real life and out of dreamland.

I spoke with Katrina at CSS (Catholic Social Services) today and she said that our dossier will 99% likely be registered in St. Petersburg on January 28. There is another family who is going to be registered on that same date, so there is a very good likelihood that we will travel with another family. In the meantime, I have asked my three possible travel partners (Brian's mom, Brian's sister Wendi, and my friend Amie) to submit the photo page of their passports to me so that they can have the visa ready at a moment's notice. That certainly isn't enough to keep me occupied and keep my mind from going crazy. ARGH!!!!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

I'm going to be praying those verses for the next few days, because I want God to use this time of perserverance to develop in me all that is lacking... I want to hold to that promise that if perserverance finishes its work in me, I will be lacking nothing!

No comments:

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?