Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Sunday, August 10, 2008

All About the Music

I have always been a huge fan of music. I feel that music can so often express what our feelings and surroundings are better than words could ever accomplish. So in that light, I have sort of involuntarily noticed that I am choosing "theme music" for the blog. Nobody Told Me (there'd be strange days, etc.) was definitely a track that explained those first few days at home. But, now things have lightened up a little... it's more of a all over crazy than a "this is new kind of crazy." So... my middle son's favorite song is Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne. As we were listening to it on the way to church this morning, I told my husband that this is definitely the new soundtrack to getting the kids out the door in time for anything! :) So tomorrow morning should be REAL interesting when I have to have ALL FOUR of us out the door by 7:45 for the first day of school. I'll be singing Crazy Train to myself in an effort to keep it real and remind myself to see the humor.

If you can't find humor in the fact that we listen to Ozzy Osbourne on the way to church, then you just have no sense of humor at all! :)

Genesis 18:12
"Sarah laughed to herself, saying, "After I have become old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?"

8 comments:

Little Patch of Heaven said...

I love it. You are my kind of person. Maybe I should try this in the morning. It can sometime be very stressful getting everyone out of the house on time. Hang in there.

Tiger & Kar said...

Ondrea - this is exactly what I felt like today, and exactly what I needed to read & listen to this evening! I've had a rough couple of days which you've managed to make me laugh at. Thanks for reminding me not to take things too seriously!

Kar

Carol said...

Wow, school already where has the summer gone? Have fun on the crazy train tomorrow.

findingourdaughter said...

Love all the different music on your blog!
In the crazy world of motherhood.....whatever keeps you sane and keeps you smiling is all good!
Our kids go back the 18th........rushed mornings, love the structure (and the daily peace/quiet....oops, did I say that?) and enjoy hearing all about their exciting days at school!
So bittersweet!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That is so funny! It's great when music makes you stop and think about your current situation! I'm sure it is crazy busy all the time at your house, but it sounds like things are going well now that you have Meg home! I grew up in a family of 4 kids, too, and it was always wild at our home. But as one of the kids, I loved it and I'm sure your kids will grow up with great memories of their siblings like we did!

Susan said...

I am going to pee myself. I was thinking, "is she really putting it out there that they listen to Ozzy on the way to church??" Girl, watch out for the lightening strikes.

I hope Monday morning goes well and you enjoy the time it gives you with fewer children around.

Becky and Keith said...

Hehehe.... one of my favorite songs! :-) Hope today went well! We went back to school today too... joy oh joy!

Nicole said...

Hey I did not hear Crazy Train in the background this morning on the phone!!!! Thanks for the list...I might have to call for a lesson. I do not think the Texas draw that I will add will be appreciated in Russia!
Nic

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?