Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Friday, August 1, 2008

Doctors, x-rays and needles! :(

Meg had her IA visit this week. We went back yesterday for her TB skin test to be read. We knew she had had a positive MANTU reaction in Russia, so it was no surprise to us that she, indeed, did have a positive test. Dr. Heil explained that this simply means she has been exposed to TB. Nonetheless, we had to have chest x-rays done at Vanderbilt to make sure she did not have active TB. After having just read Mountains Beyond Mountains, I was pretty familiar with TB treatment, course, etc. Probably a hidden blessing. Anyway, her x-ray was clear, just as Dr. Heil predicted (of course, he was right, as usual) and we are NOT contagious or a risk to anyone we come in contact with. It does, however, mean that she will have to have nine months of medication daily. Yuck! But it beats TB, for sure, so we are in search of the meds right now, as apparently it is on back order from the manufacturer. I need to call the health department today to see if they can get me some. It's probably our best bet.

Anyway, she also had her blood tests yesterday to check the immunization titers and all the Heps and HIV, etc. We don't have those results back yet, but that was all negative in Russia, so of course, we are expecting good things. She was not too happy about the lady drawing her blood, but she was a trooper, only a few tears. It was all made up for by the fact that she got a hospital id bracelet, which she is STILL wearing! hahaha

Meg met her Gee for the first time this week. He was not able to be here when she came home, so he was the last grandparent left to meet her. I think he won her over with the Hershey bars and the M and Ms! :)



Sleeping is still no good... I'm over it! I have a crick in my neck from sleeping on her floor. It's so bad I can barely turn my head. UGH! Double Grrr! It's got to give at some point, right? Any tricks are welcome at this point. I am a big believer in lots of sleep. My other kiddos all slept well in their cribs, I'm not going to break my streak now, so load me up with advice if you have any. I'll try anything at this point. Michelle suggested putting her in our bed, so last night when she woke up at 2AM, I put her in bed with me. That worked okay'ish until 6AM when she woke up ready to go and would have no part of just laying there letting us complete our eight hours... so no more of that for the sis!

Okay, I know the bow looks ridiculous in this photo, because she had been rubbing her head and somehow got it to the VERY FRONT of her forehead, but I love the two of them together and the shirt, which my MILs friend gave us, is just too cute... so I am posting it anyway. I'll use it as blackmail later in life when she is being bratty. (Which, by the way, she has a real knack for. I think she was born to be the baby of an all boy family because she is full of drama and crocodile tears when she doesn't get her way. She's very sassy... we should have named her bossy britches!)




Paka!

5 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

I have to tell you, your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! She has the same skin tone and hair color as my son (though the Florida sun has lightened his), which I love!

Little Patch of Heaven said...

She is beautiful.

Nicole said...

O,
I am so glad that Ms. Bossy Britches is going to be ok!I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers as she begins her treatment. I will lift up your poor old neck too!!!
Nic

Joe and Renae said...

She looks beautiful no matter WHERE that bow hangs! I hope all of her tests come back good and hope you get a good night sleep real soon. We watch our niece alot and we found that letting her sleep in her pack and play near our bed seemed to work...can't hurt trying.

Renae

Lindsay said...

Sorry about your sleep problems - and your neck.

Nothing really worked for us, especially over the relaxing enough to get to sleep. All I can say is, 7 months on, it is 100% better than before. Still a way to go, but much better. I think in our case, nothing but time lending itself to the building of trust really worked.

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?