Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Make way for Mary Margaret!

While waiting for our referral and first travel dates, I filled my time with things like stalking other people's blogs, looking at the Russian database, and generally feeling sorry for myself that I didn't have a referral and travel date. I annoyed all my friends by being conversely down in the dumps and then a dump to be around because I was on the pity train way too much!

Now that we have a referral and have made our first trip to meet her, I am filling my time with what makes it seem more iminent that she will be home soon. I've packed and re-packed what I think I should bring for her to wear in Russia. I think I have decided on about ten outfits. Yes, I know, we'll probably only be there about six days, but still, a girl needs choices! I am in the very fun stage of packing, which is deciding which bow goes most perfectly with each outfit. I know I could take one white one and it would match everything, but I've waited eight years to put a bow in someone's hair, so this is no time for practicality! Accessories, accessories, accessories! I've folded the two cutest bibs (one a gift, one antique made by my grandmother) for her to wear not to mess up any outfits. And I will soon be looking for shoes to fit her small feet. :) Fun!

I thought you might like to see some of the outfits that I am bringing with me when I come back for her (I'm thinking positively that it's going to be soon.) It would be sooner if the TAX ASSESSOR would call me back so I could order my proof of residence.

Mark 10:37
"Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but the One who sent me."

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love all the clothes!!! I have developed a fondness for all that is camo but...Pink is sooooo great!!!! Soon girl... soon!
Nicole

Tiger & Kar said...

Oh, these little outfits are so darn cute! Has "C" given you any idea of the timeframe for a courtdate? Hopefully it will be soon so you can get back to St. Pete and scoop this little girl up!

hthr said...

Girls are so much fun! I must share my favorite little online shoe-store with you! http://www.sweetsoles.com/

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?