Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Monday, May 19, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday, I was still recovering from jet lag. Yesterday, I was dragging around here like I would never have another ounce of energy and wondering how in the world I was going to get it together for a two week trip if this one week threw me for such a loop.

TODAY, however, I am FINALLY back to myself. I have been productive. I have not taken a nap. I have worked on adoption paperwork and finished all but two documents, both of which I am waiting on from county or city offices. Today, I am busy, and I am MISSING our Mary Margaret.

SO, a little retail therapy was just what the doctor ordered. First of all, I bought her the cutest little outfits from a children's boutique here in town. Next, I got her the cutest pair of hot pink Mary Jane Crocs you've ever seen. We have a boat and we spend many days at the pool, so she will need these. (That's a bit of a joke because my husband says I have trouble telling the difference between a need and a want.)

Anyway, I'm back to blog stalking. I am following the journeys of four families who are currenlty in Russia. Two families are getting their referrals this week (one yesterday, one today) and you can read their stories by clicking the links on the right hand side of my blog. They are Carol and Lance, Becky and Keith, The Cravens, and Tiger and Kar. (Sorry, my technical skills have not yet conquered being able to add the link right here in the text.)

So, it really hit me like a wave today (while I was at the bank, I was showing her picture to all the tellers, as if they care) and it hit me that I am missing my little girl. I want her home with me. I knew it wouldn't take long before my "I'm okay, she's okay, we'll be together soon" turned into a "I'm dying to get back to her and is she really okay." And it happened today. Ten days to the day since we've seen her, I am wondering if she feels okay, is she sick, is she eating, is she doing new things, etc. etc. I am wondering if she is liking her new group (they moved her while we were there), and I am wondering if we'll get back to her in time for her to celebrate our middle son's birthday in June. Wouldn't it just be amazing if she was home for his birthday! He is the one boy who has been praying for this girl, his little sister, since before she was born. Literally, he started praying for her about two years ago. Every night he prays that God will bring him a little sister. I also have been praying for her for a very long time. Before she was born I was praying for her birth mother and hoping she was not suffering too much from the struggle of bearing a child she knew she couldn't provide for. I've been praying for her caregivers, the judge, the Ministry workers, and all the hands that have touched our dossier. So now that I have a face and a name, I'm praying even more that God is holding her in the palm of His righteous and able hand, until we can hold her in ours. Oh, how I hope and pray that He is keeping her safe and well for our return. And how I hope that day speeds toward us quickly!

So many times I have turned to the words of Habakkuk during this adoption. I feel like he is an old friend to me at this point and I so admire his faith and perserverance and determination. I take comfort and inspiration from his words. I'll leave you with some hopeful ones tonight, words of hope and a reminder that our time is not always God's timing. Though things seem too long in our minds, they arrive just at the appointed time on the Kingdom clock.

Habakkuk 2:3
"For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; if it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late."

2 comments:

Nicole said...

How true is that verse! MM will be running cicles around you in those crocks yelling "Mama" before you know it!!Girl ,you better get rested up!
Nic

Michelle R said...

So funny, I look at Nic's comments and they were my own. I really appreciate the verse! It is one I will print out and recite to myself often. Thanks for sharing it. Michelle

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?