Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Monday, May 12, 2008

There's no place like home, there's no place like home.....

Dorothy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!

Boy, is it good to be home! There really is no place like home, no matter how much you look forward to the travel, no matter how much you wait and pray for it, it's always good to crawl into your own bed and be kissed by your sweet boys!

Right now, I'm doing okay with the waiting thing (don't you think that's good of me, I mean, after all, it's been three days since I saw our Meg!) hahaha Truly, I know that God has just carried us through the past week and continues to carry us even now. One of my dear friends sent me an e-mail while we were in Russia, reminding me how God has walked this road before us, He has already gone through with the entire adoption and is waiting for us at the end of the road He's paved for us. But yet, we are not alone, Jesus walks WITH us. And He is with us here, waiting for our court date, wishing for Mary Margaret to join us, and feeling our anxiety over the rising cost of airfare, the extra paperwork we need to complete, the angst over how our precious daughter is doing, He feels it all and is with us here in this moment. Miraculously, He is there with her too. If you've ever been in an orphanage, you've been in the presence of God. One thing I know is that where there are widows and orphans, there is God in all His glory and His power, robed in His full splendor. These kids certainly do not suffer alone, He hears every cry! There is a song by Jars of Clay that says, "God hears your sighs and counts your tears...." I LOVE that thought. He hears my SIGHS! He feels my tiredness and my jet-lag and my desire to be 100% here with my boys, but my tug to be with my daughter too. He knows all this, and He has ordained it, and will bless it if I give it to Him to bless.

Wow, Aunty Em, I'm glad the tornado is passed and I'm back in Kansas, even for a little while!

2 Corinthians 4:7
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves."

2 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Welcome home!! I agree - there is NO place like your own bed! I hope your wait for court is VERY short!

Tiger & Kar said...

Welcome home! I'm so happy your trip went so well. I certainly agree that there is no place like home...for you and for Meg!! I hope your wait for court isn't long and that you have a great reunion with your daughter. Until then, hold tight to God. He will definitely see you through this!

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?