Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

St. Petersburg Day 2 - Tuesday

Okay, first I will apologize for the "nothing" post yesterday. Today we received our official referral of a little girl. She was born October 11, 2006. She is adorable. She has dark hair and dark eyes. We have not been to the orphanage to see her yet today, we are waiting for the driver to collect us about thirty minutes from now. But we did see her photo at the office of the Committee this morning. I can't wait to post tomorrow and tell you all about her.

As for our visit, first and foremost, we are missing our boys TERRIBLY!!!! I can't stand to be away from them for a weekend. I truly am just not someone who likes to leave my kids. I don't even like to leave them with my husband for a weekend, so leaving them and going out of the country is definitely out of my comfort zone. I can't wait to get back and be mommy again and just do all the fun stuff that we do together every day. Even some of the not so fun stuff (like homework), I'm looking forward to. I hear that the boys are being brave and having lots of fun with Meme, so that helps alot!

Okay, I'm totally over the second-hand-smoke already! Seriously, it makes me SO appreciate the smoking ban in Tennessee. I am not sure about the rest of the country, but in TN, you can't smoke anywhere that admits people under 21 years of age. It's wonderful and I don't miss walking out of restaurants smelling like an ash-tray. Pretty much, our bags will need to be fumigated when we get home because there is SO much smoke here. I'm just not used to it and it gives me a headache.

The weather here is okay. It was supposed to be warm all week so I didn't bring a coat. But then we woke up to snow this morning! BRRR! My son, Liam, tried to tell me that I needed to bring my down jacket and I told him it would be too warm. Turns out I should have listened to him. Luckily, I did pack two wool sweaters, so I'm doing okay. The snow isn't sticking, so my shoes are fine.

There's not too much to report yet. I can't wait to get to the baby home this afternoon and spend time with our daughter, get the evaluation from the doctor, and ask all my questions to the director. I will hopefully have much more to post tomorrow! :)

Das Vedanya

3 comments:

Michelle R said...

First of all, I would miss those precious boys too!
Second, I hope your visit with MM went well today. I look forward to hearing the play by play.
Hugs ( and some fresh air) to you both-
Michelle

Nicole said...

We are so excited for you! Cannot wait to hear all about your 1st day together!!!!
Nicole

Patrick & Jessica Wunsch said...

Like everyone else, we too are so excited for you and are anxiously waiting to see how you first visit went.

If O. is your translator, please remind her that she promised to email us her mother's famous borsch recipe! She'll laugh.

Patrick & Jess

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?