Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Moscow at last!

We're finally here! We arrived in Moscow at about 3:10. But let me back up. We picked Miss Meg up this morning at around 10 AM. She was not too happy to see us, but calmed down ever so quickly. She was fine all the way to the St. Pete airport and had a pretty good time, actually, once we got inside the airport. She ran all around and played little games with us like peek-a-boo, or her version of it anyway. Then we caught our flight to Moscow. Everything was fine. She ate an entire banana, drank a little milk, a juice box of apple juice, and some bread and rice. Things seemed to be going great.... then we started to descend on Moscow and the puking started. Bye bye Baby Lulu dress, hello outfit number 2.

We were met at the airport by... GASP.... PASHA!!! The Famous PASHA who I never dreamed we would get to have with so many families here for such a long time. I was instantly happy and knew we were in good hands. As it turned out, there was a family from Atlanta who was also really happy we had Pasha. They were here as tourists and it seems they didn't get the infamous STAMP (needed for all things Russsian) and were not allowed to leave the airport. Pasha sorted it all out for them and then we were on our way.

Bye bye outfit number two. About 20 minutes into the Moscow traffic, hello puke! So, we strip the shirt off that baby and she's walking around Moscow like a real red-neck, no shirt, pants sagging at the waist and diaper hanging out. :)

Pasha took us to the office of CSS and we did some paperwork for the Embassy. Pasha took good care of us. By the way, adoptive families, you only need the two main pages of your tax returns, not the entire thing, according to Pasha.

Then he took us to meet up with Dinia and Ron. They have graciously offered us the run of their second bedroom and we've quickly filled it with our three bags full of junk. Not only is there a King sized bed here, they have King Sized hospitality... they are from Alabama, after all, and no one puts on the hospitality like a Southerner. They had dinner in the oven when we got here, we said grace before we ate and Ron blessed it to the nourishment of our bodies, just like my Grandaddy and Pap used to! :) I can not tell you how wonderful it is to find a little bit of the South in Moscow. I love this city more and more every time I visit. Getting here was like a breath of fresh air, instantly I just felt happier when we landed.

Anyway, we went for a little walk and Meg had her first bath. She wasn't too happy about it, but overall, it could have been worse. She's actually smelling good at this point, no more institutional funk for our girl! :) Sorry I cannot post the photo because we cannot use our laptop right now, maybe tomorrow.

SO... if you have any prayer stamina left in you, please crank it up because we are hearing that the Embassy is going to TRY to get our visa done tomorrow (in one day, it usually takes two.) Because Friday is a holiday (July 4) the Embassy is closed. They generally do not process visas in one day, however, they are telling us it can be done in one day this time. If not, then we won't be home until..... gulp..... WEDNESDAY! :( I simply cannot be away from my baby boys that much longer.... no way! That's two weeks folks... I will go crazy. PLEASE PLEASE pray that the Embassy has mercy on us.

Okay, I am off to bed. I am so sleepy I could fall asleep typing this and Meg is sleeping in our room with us so I have to get her down.

Nighty Nighty everyone!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Just the thought of the three of you snuggling up brings tears to my eyes!! You finally get to watch that baby sleep-YAY!!!
Love you guys.
Sandy

Susan said...

Please tell Pasha hello from Randy, Susan and Artem!! We love him so much as he was with us from the time we got off the plane on trip 1 to when we left Russia with Artem. He always took care of us and he will take care of you too!

I can't wait to see pictures of MM since for the past THREE days you have been promising pictures. **arms crossed across my chest tapping foot**

Enjoy Moscow and hopefully you'll have your paperwork sooner rather than later.

Susan said...

Forgot to tell you, don't feel bad about the puking in Pasha's car. Artem yacked all the way home from Fryazino baby home without one drop getting on Pasha's car. Mom and dad on the other hand, weren't so lucky.

Antoine & Lori said...

Congratulations on the pick-up. Must have been a heck of a bath -- it took us a couple of days to get the institution funk off of Claire!

I can't wait to see the pictures! I hope you got the Baby Lulu dress before it was christened....

I also hope the Embassy comes though for y'all -- I was dying to see Simone by the time our second trip ended. Ours clocked in at 13 days because of the International Day of Women. In any case, it's very kind of the Embassy to try and squeeze the process down into one day.

I'll check back tomorrow for pictures. If there are none, there will be consequences!

Take care,

Lori

Michelle R said...

We are so happy for you!! And I am waiting patiently for my baby lulu outfit pictures.

Makes me think twice about putting her in the biscotti outfit for Ariana's ride home from Fryazino! Especially with the Indy 500 driver. ;)

Nicole said...

I am so glad that you guy's are finally all together! I will be praying for that visa!
Nic

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?