Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our real Pink letter day

Today is the day. We will be picking Meg up in a little over an hour from now. I have been awake for hours, couldn't sleep. I had to go into the bathroom to type so I wouldn't wake Brian up. I felt like a teenager with my cell phone. :)

I just wanted to send this post quickly and then I have to go get myself ready and checked out of the hotel. I am on cloud nine. I have waited my whole life for this day, as my father-in-law says on special occasions. I am just about to bounce my way down the hall here! :)

But I needed to clear something up. So many people have written to me to tell me that I have great faith and that I was inspiring or whatever. I want you all to know that the glory is not mine, but His. I do not have great faith. In fact, as I told my friend, Sonja, God, once again, had to come and find me in the dry parched land known as Me. I too often bow to the idol of Ondrea and I really have very little faith. God knew that I needed Him to show up here in a big way and He did that for me. I posted that verse yesterday from Psalm because I weep when I read that... that He came for me because He loves me. It's totally unbelievable to me that He actually does still love me after all the me-ism of the past year and the complete lack of faith I have shown at so many intervals in this process. But He is always good, we serve a God who is the same, regardless of how we are, and for that I am most grateful and blessed. So, I just wanted to clarify that because I felt that alot of people were looking at me and saying, "Look what her faith did." But I want the truth to be known, I am of little faith... "Look what God did!" And I promise you that if He did it for a pit-dweller like me, He will most certainly do it for you! I learned the true meaning of the measure of a mustard seed, that was all I had to give, but He honored it! If you are in the middle of an adoption, or if you are in the middle of any trial in your life, believe with whatever small amount of faith you have to offer. God wants you to believe in a big way and He will help you get there!

One other note I should mention is that this was not my faith alone, but rather the faith of many strong and faithful believers on my behalf. I had probably hundreds of people praying very specifically for me, some in a way that they believed to be futile, but they prayed with me none-the-less. I credit First Baptist Church in Fulton and many Catholics throughout Tennessee and every adoptive parent that reads this blog and friends of my parents, and friends of Brian's parents, and neighbors and many people I don't even know who undoubtedly lifted us. Several who woke at just the hour of our court, for no reason other than a stirring in their heart, and they too prayed! Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf and for your kindness.

With much love and excitement, because the next time I post, it will be a family photo of our sweet Meg and us! :)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

What a lovely, lovely post. Can't wait for the next one to hear more about Miss Mary Margaret!! :)

Joanie said...

Ondrea, this is coming from your Mom #2...Joanie. My eyes are filled with tears and my heart with joy for you and your sweet/special family. I watched you grow (in more ways than one, as you know) and am so proud of and for you and Bryan. YOU KNOW what your family means to E.J and Grace and in absence, to me. I called your Mom (my sweet sweet Wife-in-Law and best friend in this world) and we both were just overjoyed...I also made the call to tell EJ/Grace, so they could tell the boys...that was such a great moment to me/them. I almost couldn't speak trying to read your blog and told him so, and he said they were crying too. This is such a blessing...literally a blessing. And, one that was "IN HIS PLAN"! You and Bryan are very special parents, and obviously come from some really special STOCK. I sure hope to see the little Princess sometime soon. Know that you ALL have been in my prayers too! Love to all! "Aunt JoJo"

Nicole said...

Today is the day ! You have been waiting your whole life for this day! I will pray for Meg today that she is blessed with the same excitement about the beginning of her new life with a wonderful family!
Nicole

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

"Look what God did!" AMEN!

Congratulations, so happy for you!

Can't wait to see pics!

Kristine

Lori Heinrich said...

This post was just what I needed today! I ran across your blog through a link from another. We are now entering month 15 of our adoption journey. We are so sure of God's call, but we have faced so many closed doors. God has faithfully and miraculously opened each one, but it has taken so long, and we get discouraged. Thank you for the reminder that we just need to hand our mustard seed of faith over to Him, and He will continue to provide for us. We're hoping to be in St. Petersburg very soon ourselves.

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?