Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Monday, March 24, 2008

An Attempt at Humor

Okay, here are the TOP TEN things to do with yourself on the day of registration when it is your fifth deadline and your agency is closed so you don't know if it happened or not:

1. Overdose on potato chips

2. Clean your house like the queen is coming (my husband might request a slowdown so the house could stay clean all the time! :)

3. Stalk your inbox

4. Stalk other bloggers

5. Be completely irrational when people try to talk to you (this includes your kids)

6. Pray!

7. Eat 8 day old pizza for lunch. Hey, maybe food poisoning will take my mind off the calendar!

8. Obsess!

9. Pray some more!

10. Count the hours until 5:00 (happy hour.) At least I know that one is going to roll around today! :)

Truly, this is almost bordering on cruelty. Right now our dossier is either registered in St. Pete, or NOT (again) but there's no way to find out. I asked my husband if he had a feeling one way or the other and he said he's 50/50. The spiritual vitamin I picked up at the Y today was the 23rd Psalm, so that's probably not a very good omen, huh? The only positive thing I can say is that the first song on my shuffle list today was a song by Israel Houghton "Not Forgotten". That was pretty hopeful. The song says "I am not forgotten, God knows my name." I am reminded that God truly does know my name. And not only that, he knows my daughter's name and He has a plan. So this is what I am reduced to... trying to find messages in random Bible verses, songs, and polling people! :)

Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for God is with me. His rod and his staff they comfort me. Surely goodness and mercy shall dwell in me forever and ever!

Psalm 23

1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

I love your top 10 list. :-) It sounds mighty familiar! I just wish I had #10 planned... it would have made the day that much more exciting! :-)

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?