Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

What do you want first?

Okay, the bad... we did NOT get registered in St. Pete Monday. (Hushed silence falls over the crowd!) The REALLY bad part is that this time there is actually THREE weeks until the next time we can be registered because March 31 falls on a Monday, that means the second Monday in April is actually the third week of April. DEEP EXHALE!!!!! Notice the ticker at the top says 19 days to go... not 12 or 11 like it should be!

The Good? The other family whose documents were sent with ours DID get registered AND they received a referral the next day. YEAH!!!! That really is good news because hopefully it will work the same way for us.

I talked to our agency rep and she feels certain that we will be registered next time around. See, I'm already obsessing less. And she thinks they have an idea of other children that will be coming off the database, so unless a Russian family adopts those kids in the meantime, we should get a referral quickly enough. Nothing is a guarantee in this world, we just have to trust God's timing in this and I do trust that the other family was registered because their child was off the database and ready to come home. I trust that we did not get registered because God has already planned the daughter(s) we will adopt and she/they aren't ready for us yet. I know His plans are sovereign. I know that He will prevail. I know there are so many folks praying for us. I feel "Held", like the Natalie Grant song says. And I know that it will happen in His perfect timing. My best friend told me yesterday that she felt like I was actually back on planet earth, that even my voice was different. And I truly do feel that I have taken another step in submitting this to God. But folks, please pray with me becasue I feel that this submissive slope I am standing on is very slippery and I could start to loose my grip at any moment (just like when I looked at the calendar and saw three more weeks to go, I almost "went there".) Maybe this is the level God was waiting for to bring us a victory. But if not, I will cling to the example in Habakkuk (I think I've quoted this before.)

Habakkuk 1:5 "Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days - You would not believe if you were told." AND Habakkuk 2:1-3 "I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart; And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me, and how I may reply when I am reproved. Then the Lord answered me and said, "...the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will NOT fail. Though it tarries, WAIT FOR IT; For it will certainly come, it will NOT DELAY." (emphasis mine)

No comments:

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?