Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Thursday, March 13, 2008

So Much for Mother's Intuition

Well, I guess that sixth sense I was having must have been some sort of precursor to a nervous breakdown or something. Suffice it to say we did NOT get registered with the MOE... yet again! Turns out, the fifth time was NOT that charm.

Okay, so what else could go wrong you ask? Well, apparently, DHL sent our POA (the latest last minute document) to St. Pete as directed, but then, for some unknown reason, forwarded it to Frankfurt, Germany, not the CSS office in St. Pete. UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Do you hear me stomping my feet? I am two jumps away from a full blown fit here!

SO, what now, you may ask. Brian and I have asked that too. Does it seem like maybe God is trying to tell us something? When I get to heaven, is He going to say, "Dang, Ondrea, I did everything but write it on the wall!" But, alas, the agency wants us to hang in there for ONE MORE CYCLE... so that's what we're doing. They PROMISE us that we will be registered on March 24, barring the rapture or other act of God. So, I told them we would stick it out. But if we don't get registered on March 24, then I have asked them to please forward our documents back to Moscow and let's start fresh in another region. Somehow, I just have this feeling that March 24 will roll around and there will not be good news. At this point, I want to go get the bleepin' documents myself and walk them over to the MOE... if only I could speak Russian!

Anyway, wanna hear another curve ball? (It just keeps getting better.) They told us that this all might be a moot point anyway because they are now hearing that there is only ONE girl available in the St. Pete region and she is 27 months old. The age is not a problem since we are approved for up to 30 months. But, the problem is that if there is (God forbid) a problem with the referral, there is no one else to offer us. She did say, however, that there is a young sibling group of two girls if we would consider that. I sort of laughed at that one thinking Brian would have a heart attack if I even mentioned it. But I think the Holy Spirit must have possessed him for a few minutes because he said he was open. I asked who this man was and what he had done with my husband, but he just laughed. He did say that we would never be able to leave the house with five kids and probably would never be asked to visit grandparents ever again. But that's okay, they can visit us (and stay with Ashley or EJ 'cause there'll be no room in the inn.) :) hahaha Don't freak out, I don't think we need to start planning for two anytime soon, I'd be happy just to be registered, it seems we can't even cross that bridge, much less get a referral.

I really must continually remind myself that God has a plan, He has a daughter for us, He IS in control of this process. I have laid my burden down (or tried to, anyway) on the THRONE of the living God. The Creator of the universe is on the case and these few days we have waited are truly but a breath for Him. I know in my head that these things are true... the Holy Spirit needs to get busy telling my heart to be patient and rest in Him. Truly, truly, I trust that God has a very perfect plan for us. I count it all joy, as Paul said, and really I do know that this is leading me somewhere God needs me to go. We have places to go and worlds to conquer, and I just can't get there carrying some of this "stuff" he's waiting for me to set down. SO... down with discouragement and fear, anxiety and impatience. I am going to have to get busy getting it right or this is never going to happen.

Deuteronomy 14:29
...the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

No comments:

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?