Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

More delays

If you haven't heard, the last registration day, February 25, was a holiday in Russia. So we are living for the next date, which is March 10. But as it turns out, March 10 is also a Russian holiday. Graciously, they have offered to accept dossiers on March 11 so that we don't have to wait until the end of March. However, the representative in St. Pete asked for an additional piece of paper, which I overnighted last Friday. It arrived in NC on Monday and was immediately sent to St. Pete. However, DHL will only guarantee it there by Friday, which means that it's not likely to be translated and notarized in Russia in time for the registration date on March 11. I'm not holding my breath. What I am doing is starting to be very frustrated with this process. I don't see how the Russian representative in St. Pete can be the one to review the documents, ask for two extra sets of documents at two separate times, and then realize one week before our third delay that there is something she didn't get the first two times. I'm optimistic, but this is starting to feel like the "runaround" to me. I think I have one more cycle in me before I just ask to be transferred back to Moscow and forget about the 10 day wait.

No comments:

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?