Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Friday, March 28, 2008

Is the Earth still spinning????

Well, I will have to say that my head poked up out of the mole hole today and I realized that there is actually other stuff going on in life outside of my adoption and blog-world! Wow, who knew? I thought for sure everything had stopped and I was living in some sort of blog Matrix-land! :)

Man, am I in nesting mode. I hung curtains, hung a bamboo shade in my bathroom, frosted the glass on my shower, oiled the hardwoods (by hand), VACCUUMED (man, wonder when the last time I did that? I don't actually own a vaccuum so I used the shop vac! :) I even did the steps, by gosh! Don't say I'm not domestic! On top of that, I went to Target and a fabric sale. They had lots of lovely polyester, but that's another story and I refuse to digress to that level.

I am very excited, several of the blog friends I follow are getting court dates, making first and second trips, bringing home little angels... it's a victory when others you've followed are progressing, even when you're on the sidelines. And it's always good when others are moving because that means we're one referral closer! But we did get some news today that there are starting to be "rumors" or stirrings about referrals. That's as close as we've been so far. Nothing concrete, but just hearing that girls are going to be clearing the database soon, or something like that. That feels much closer, even if in reality we are no closer than ever. Honestly, even if they say absolutely NOTHING, I just love to find e-mail from our agency in the inbox. So, that's my high for the day. Pretty sad, huh? But at least my house is clean. The absolute quote of the day was from my friend Michelle. It's in referrence to the age child we are looking for, compared to the age child her family is waiting for. I don't know why I laughed out loud at this, you'd probably have to be in the midst of insane adoption land to get it, but I'll leave you with it anyway, "I have crib bedding!"

1 comment:

Michelle R said...

Yep, and it is THE MOST GIRLY crib bedding ever!!!! Do you think I can streatch it to fit a twin? Humph..maybe I can by 2 and lay them side by side to fit! Oh who cares- we both understand it was all about the fun buying it anyways- I can have even more fun finding BIG GIRL bedding!!!! wheeee! PS- my husband actually made contact with the loan officer so we can move forward on her bed room- want to bring the vaccuum over?

xoxoxo you are da' bomb Ondrea!

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?