Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fly on over to my nest

That's right, I am doing some MAJOR nesting. I think it's really safe to post about this because my DH is in Scotland, so I doubt he's blogging, but for Father's Day, I decided to surprise him with a clean and organized garage. So, after a FULL day of cleaning, SWEATING, throwing away, moving, SWEATING, organizing, SWEATING, and using power tools (did I mention it was hot?), I can now actually park my very large SUV in our garage. :) (I know it's bad for the environment, but I can't exactly fit four kids in a Ford Focus!) My husband actually hates it when I park in the garage (it's his "room" and he likes it a certain way.) The kids and I never cooperate in helping him keep his "room" clean. We trash it! I mean, totally abuse it! And he quietly cleans up after us. Granted, we have to endure him throwing away a few of our things, but he doesn't fuss, which is amazing! Anyway, what does this have to do with M&M's adoption, you might be asking yourself. Well, I'll tell you what... I'm nesting! Yes, it's official. I've been on this bent for a few days now... that's overachieving for a self-proclaimed ADD sufferer. I have focus and I am putting my energy to some major use. My house was so clean on Friday that when my 19 year old babysitter showed up she said, "Wow, it's clean!" Now if a 19 year old notices, THAT's CLEAN!

The other thing I have been doing is stalking eBay. I found these precious dolls. They are called Berenguer Dolls. They are the same ones you can buy at Target, but the ones at Target are classified "play dolls". I want one of the collectible dolls. These things are SO lifelike that you could seriously send out a baby announcement and no one would suspect a thing! However, I'm not willing to pay $50 for a doll for a two year old, but I keep thinking I'll find one with an ink mark or a tear or something that I can live with and still afford. I'm determined for my little girl to have one of these! :)

This week I plan to organize and purge the rest of the house. I need to finish sewing her new duvet cover because it doesn't have a back on the cover yet. After that, the room is totally done and I can take photos of it to complete the judge's photo album. I'll post photos here when I'm finished. I know there are photos already here, but I had to redo everything when I found out she was so young... can't really see her sleeping in a queen sized bed after all. (I thought she would be closer to three at referral.) Anyway, it's really looking so cute! I also want to clean out some closets, get some stuff into the attic, and do some light touch-ups on some paint. If I can accomplish all this in a week while my husband is out of town, then I think I can successfully keep my mind off the adoption. And the added bonus is that the last time I went through this surge, we got "the call" shortly thereafter, so maybe this is intuition telling me to get it in gear because she's coming home. Coming home... doesn't that sound great!?!?

John 1:12-13
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

3 comments:

Carol said...

You go girl! I am with you! I am also obsessing about our letter and date, I want it NOW. Just think with all this done all you will have to do is play when MM comes home. Have a great week, keep in touch.

Lindsay said...

Fingers crossed for Mother's Intuition!

Nicole said...

Nesting is a real part of pregnancy that usually occurs right before the baby arrives!I know she will be here soon!!!!!
Nic

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?