Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Giddy Up

Well, it's time to climb back into the saddle. Why am I having so much more difficulty getting my travel organized this time? Well, let's see, it could have something to do with the fact that we might be coming home July 1, we might not. We might be returning from St. Petersburg on July 1, but we might be staying there. We might have to move to an apartment on July 1, but there might not be one. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the apartment I thought I was booking, someone beat me to, and so I had to change to a hotel. Then I had visa invites being issued by two separate agencies... cancel that. Okay, now I have one agency and two visa invitations, but one of them was supposed to be for double entry, it's not, so now they have to fix that little issue. Did I mention that every day that ticks off the calendar, the charge for the actual visa is more expensive?

Oh yeah, and I got the last ticket Delta had on the last possible day that I could possibly return for my third trip. So I have to stay a few days longer than I anticipated. Marina, hope you're ready to spend a weekend with me in mid-July because I will be lonely there without my buddies!

So... STRESS!!!! I would rather just pull a blanket over my head and read a book because this is all totally overwhelming me. Let's see, what's left to do? Book tickets from Moscow to St. Pete on the day we arrive, write speech for court, pack, get the visas, get the cashiers check for the visas, get all our tax returns and pay stubs we need for Embassy, get two more documents that are needed for court and have those certified and apostilled. Hmmm... how am I going to fit parenting three boys on summer vacation into all this "to do" list?

John 15:5
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing."

2 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Yikes! I can see why you'd be a bit stressed right now! We continue to pray that your 10 days are waived, but I can certainly see how the not knowing throws your travel plans into a tailspin. Try to relax and breathe! Before you know it, you'll be in St. Pete with your little one safely tucked into your loving embrace.

Tara said...

I know the stress can be overwhelming at this time. Karyn is right, just try to relax and mark one thing off the list at a time. All your travel arrangements will fall into place and soon you will be spending time w/ your sweet child!! May God give you peace and endurance during this time.

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?