Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Friday, June 13, 2008

Fun, fun, fun!

Today I had a little tiny reward for all my months of work and years of praying for this daughter of mine. I packed her bag for Russia! :) WOW! That was SO much fun. I pulled out the dresses, put the bows in a baggie along with some "hairy dos" (as Connor says) and picked out which socks and tights would go with each outfit. I packed her little cape and her little white Mary Janes (and the pink ones too.) What fun! I put in the bag of toys the neighbors gave us for the plane ride home. I packed a duplicate of the lift the flap book we left with her at the orphanage in May. I packed lots of little packs of puffs and cheerios (I figure food is a good bribe if she has moments of anxiety.) I had to pack her "fuggy" (a pink bumpy blanket trimmed in satin.) I have four new dolls for her, two of whom have hard bodies, so I will choose one of them to travel with us too. I bought her a little dress a while back with a matching doll dress, so I will pack the doll in the matching dress.

I have purchased all the gifts for the various folks. The gift we got the translator is fabulous. We went together with another family from our agency and bought her a Coach messenger bag. It's so cute. I debated keeping it for myself as a diaper bag, but I figured it wasn't really a splurge I could afford at this point in time. We have gifts for the orphanage, but we are planning to buy most of it there as they usually need diapers and we can get them there without having to travel with them. We got them sippy cups too, I think I bought about 50 sippy cups for the kids. :) I would like to get them something fun that the children would really love, but I am not sure what they need, so we will just buy it in Russia.

I am down to two apartments to choose from, so that will be booked, hopefully by the weekend.

I am just so over the moon about this trip. I can't wait to see our little M and M again. JOY JOY JOY!

4 comments:

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I just read your blog, congratulations on your court date! This is so exciting! I can't wait to see pictures! Good luck with everything.

Becky and Keith said...

I started packing today too!! It was so exciting except I'm still worried I have the wrong size clothes! I guess only time will tell! Good luck picking out your apartment.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Wow, that does sound like so much fun! My mom and I had a blast shopping in the little girl dept last weekend. I can't wait to see LOTS of photos of M&M in all those gorgeuos dresses!

Kim

Antoine & Lori said...

I just love shopping for all of the girl stuff! Hint -- Gymboree is setting out its bargain bins today. Run don't walk to your nearest store! Have fun -- Lori

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?