Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Sunday, June 22, 2008

So close, but yet so far

What an eventful 48 hours this has been. Then again, it's been pretty quiet. On Friday afternoon I hear from the NY consulate that I need another piece of paper from Russia. I frantically try to get in touch with our travel agent, who issues the paper (at a cost of $40), but it was not the one I needed. So then I call and e-mail again and they finally get us the one I actually needed for the consulate. So I e-mail that to the sweet person who is trying to help me at the consulate (I'm sure she rues the day she opened my application packet) and WAIT WAIT WAIT for Monday morning so that I can hopefully hear that she has my two FedEx paks, my two vouchers and invitations, and my two money orders and can process all this convoluted mess of stuff into an actual visa in time to drop it in the FedEx for Tuesday delivery. I wish I had paid for morning delivery so I wouldn't have to spend all day Tuesday wondering if I am leaving.

If you are reading this post, PLEASE pray that our visas arrive AND that they waive the ten day wait for us to bring our M&M home in this one trip together. Please claim this scripture with us and for us, as we wholeheartedly believe that we are keeping His command in this adoption. We wholeheartedly believe that Jesus is the son of God. And we genuinely strive to love one another in all that we do. We believe that it is the Lord's will that we would care for this orphan and receive her into our home and family. We believe that it is never His wish that any child should suffer, particularly orphans, and in believing Him in this promise, we believe our desires are pleasing to Him. So we boldly claim:
1 John 3:22-23
"and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight. This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us."

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ondrea I'm praying and crossing fingers and toes that it will all work out.

Michelle R said...

The 10 days shall be waived! Your husband will take you both home and I will have to meet you back here in the good old USA. On the other hand, Nicole and I will be setting up house in Moscow for July and part of August :) we will have to learn to skype.

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?