Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hold the Phone

Okay, hold the phone. I had no more than checked the arrival of our visa application with the Russian Consulate when I get an e-mail saying that I can't have a double entry visa if I am going as a tourist. Would have been nice if the agency I paid $40 for Visa support had known this to save me more FedEx fees. SO... now I have to go cancel the money order (don't know if you remember the ORDEAL this was last time... think 45 minutes at the bank with multiple bank staff trying to get it done) spend $20 to FedEx the new money order to New York, pay $20 to have them FedEx the visa back to me, because they can't use a visa that is over the exact amount. So in effect, I am going to all this trouble to save myself $10. Does any of this make sense? You're probably having a hard time following the story at this point, but let's just say I had a few choice words for my computer when I got the e-mail from the cosulate on the problem.

I'll say this, the Consulate was very timely in informing me of the mistake. I'll hand it to them that they could have just stuck it back in the mail to me and not even told me, so I am not angry with them, just with the fact that I had this sinking feeling that something was going to be wrong. It's just too complicated and intricate to do with the distractions that I have going on while trying to take care of all this stuff. I knew there was a possibility that I had a mistake. Kuddos to the Russian Consulate for notifying me in a time that I could correct my mistake and still get the visa. Literally, tomorrow is the last day I could have possibly taken care of this and still left on time Wednesday.

4 comments:

hthr said...

This sounds incredibly frustrating. Just remember God's timing is PERFECT! HE IS in control. Maybe you can rest on Romans 8:28 tonight.

Heather & Jason said...

Ondrea, Remember my css yahoo post about having trouble getting the double entry visa a few weeks ago? I went through this same thing. Good thing they at least are notifying people... but I think the reason is they want more $$$. Sorry you had to go through this! So frustrating, and its the last thing you want to worry about when your preparing for court etc. Hopefully it will all be straightened out and go smoothly from here! Good luck and God bless you!

Lindsay said...

I hope by the time you're reading this comment you have everything sorted. How frustrating!

Antoine & Lori said...

Maybe this is God's way of telling you you'll only need a single entry visa! We can hope, anyway.... Keep your chin up. Lori

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?