Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Forget the nest, it's party time! :)

Well, my nesting session was cut short by the good news about a court date. I certainly didn't get it all accomplished this week like I had hoped (I was probably overshooting my reach to expect all that anyway.) Once we had reason to celebrate, I told the boys to forget the schedules and rules, we were "on vacation." Since we aren't getting a real family vacation this year (between Russia and Scotland, it's a little hard to find the time or the cash) I just decided that this would be our vacation. We've ordered pizza, eaten total junk food (I've fixed all their favorites) scrapped the chores and the schedules and let the clean house go. Did I mention I finally mopped today because our feet were starting to stick to the floor when we walked! :) It's been such a fun week connecting with the boys, relaxing, and just having fun.

I've gotten the flights booked using miles, thanks to a couple of generous friends for helping out with that. I've almost gotten the lodging booked. I will need to get the Visas next week since there is a Russian holiday today and tomorrow so I can't get my invitation. Brian will be home Saturday and we can finalize the details then.

The fun thing is that I have started packing for her! :) I realized that I needed to pack everything as if she is coming home with us, because there's still a miniscule chance the judge would waive the ten days OR that I would end up staying over. Now THIS is the fun part of this process. All the hardest parts are over (except court) and we get to do the very real tasks of preparing for this little girl to join our family. This is where it all starts to pay off, where the dreams start to become reality. It's so exciting. So many people have prayed for this child for so long and now they are about to see the fruits of their labors.

On a side note, my friend Michelle is traveling to Russia this coming week to meet her daughter. I am requesting prayers for her as she and her husband need safety, peace, and protection for their boys that are staying behind. I am praying that God will give them undoubtable understanding that the child they are adopting was meant to be in their family. Please pray with me for them.

Psalm 31:24
"Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the Lord."

2 comments:

hthr said...

I'm delurking to let you know I'll be keeping you in my prayers as you prepare and travel! I can't imagine how excited you must be...

Heather (another Moore mom)

Tiger & Kar said...

Hey...I wanna go on vacation with your family! That sounds awesome! I had to chuckle at the "feet sticking to the floor" sentence. Isn't it great to just let things go and enjoy life sometimes? I do hope your 10 days are waived so your daughter can just get home & we can finally see her glamour shots. Best wishes to you as you begin this final chapter in your adoption journey, and many prayers are being lifted up as your family expands to include this precious baby girl!

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?