Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Friday, June 6, 2008

We Made It!

We made it through the first week of the judge being back from vacation. I am feeling pretty good about myself right about now because I really thought I would be two jumps ahead of a fit by now, but I have actually found the week went by pretty quickly. I know that they are waiting for this piece of paper. I know that S in Moscow can track it down if things delay too much. I also had the privilege of following my friend T through her successful first trip this week, which was very good for my spirits. I was so excited for her that I sort of forgot to obsess about myself.

Brian is leaving on Saturday for the trip of a lifetime. He and his dad are going to be playing St. Andrew's together. They are going with his two brothers-in-law. This is a dream he and his dad have had of doing together for most of Brian's adult life. This is something that was on his "life list" of things to accomplish. I am very excited for them! We knew that this was the ONE WEEK of the entire year that we could not possibly travel. To play St. Andrews, you have to get into a lottery and if your name is drawn, you go on the day they tell you to be there. You can't just book a tee time any old time you please. So there was no way for him to rearrange this trip. Not to mention, there were three other people who would be affected by any changes we made. So we are breathing a collective sigh of relief that Brian will have this trip behind him and the calendar is wide open from here on out. We can be on a plane as quickly as we can get our visas and tickets booked, so anytime next week will be fine for getting our court date... hint hint if anyone with any influence is reading this! :)

All this to say, I am sure that now that my husband is gone out of the country, my friend T is back from Russia and my friend M is a week away from traveling (read, there will be no one for me to live vicariously through next week), I will be back to obsessing about myself! But for this week, I am just going to pat myself on the back that I made it through the first week, I got my last piece of paper overnighted successfully, and it's out of my hands. Literally, the whole thing is out of my hands, God is in control now and that's a pretty good place to be. Certainly it's in better hands than when it was up to me.

Hebrews 13:5
"Never, no never, will I leave you nor forsake you."

3 comments:

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I'm so glad to hear you are getting closer to going back to Russia to get your little girl!!

Tiger & Kar said...

Tell ya what...I'll be a better blog poster next week and keep you up to date on Ilya's progress at home, so you can live vicariously through our family and you can concentrate on the wonderful things that will await your daughter once she is home. Okay, that was a major run-on sentence but you get my drift! So happy you're handling the wait as well as you are. And congrats to the hubby for St. Andrews! My husband is jealous...but in a good way!

Jellybeans Children's Boutique said...

I found your blog by accident but really loved reading it. I would love for you to visit our website at www.shopjellybeans.com. Thank you and GOOD LUCK!

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?