Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On your marks, get set....

I think I am as ready as I will ever be. I have made my list and checked it twice. God has graciously given me this day, when I really can't leave to go anywhere because the FedEx requires my signature. So in His wisdom, I know He was protecting me, even when all these visa stresses were occuring, He knew I would need this "down" time to regroup, hold my kiddos tight, and get my house in order. So many times in my life, I can look back during times that felt like I had been abandoned and see that in reality, God was holding me tightly and preparing the road for me. But in my frailty and humaness, I too often don't trust and believe that it truly is all working together for my own good. Again and again, God proves Himself to be a loving and gentle Father. He proves to me over and over that He parents me perfectly, giving me boundaries and restrictions in the areas that are best for me, but indulging me in every area He can. I am finally at peace with the travel plans and anxiously awaiting seeing my little girl again... and most anxiously awaiting bringing her home. Either way you slice it, she'll be home this time next month!


Ephesians 1:18-21
"May the eyes of your hearts be enlightened, that you may know what is the hope that belongs to his call, what are the riches of glory in his inheritance among the holy ones, and what is the surpassing greatness of his power for us who believe, in accord with the exercise of his great might, which he worked in Christ, raising him from the dead and seating him at his right hand in the heavens, far above every principality, authority, power, and dominion, and every name that is named not only in this age, but also in the one to come."

4 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

My prayers will be with you all the way! Safe travels!

Kim

Nicole said...

Have a safe trip and keep us posted on all the great news!
Nicole

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

How exciting that you are so close to getting your little girl! Safe travels! I can't wait to see pictures!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm so behind on blogs, but I wanted to say congratulations on getting your court date! It sounds like things are all coming together, and I pray that your trip to get your sweet girl is wonderful!

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?