Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Jumping off the pity train... for now

Okay, so I realize that my posts have been all gloom and doom for about a week and I am just over myself. Quite frankly, there's way too much stuff that I SHOULD be focusing on for me to be putting this much energy into watching the clock tick. SO... this is the kick in the butt I needed. I was reading Kim Abraham's blog tonight about the local social worker who died over the weekend. And then there's the story of little Audrey Caroline that most everyone in Nashville knows about. And my mother-in-law has been in the hospital all week. We thought she had had a minor heart attack (are there such things as MINOR heart attacks), but it turned out to be something else. Anyway, the scare was enough. Brian and I were just thinking of how much we cherish our parents and how lucky we are to have our parents and no one has any real health issues. It's just a reality check. So, while it is absolutely, completely, totally tragic that my daughter went to sleep tonight without her mommy and daddy to kiss her and tell her she is loved, we know the day is coming when she will be redeemed from that and her life will be cherished from that day forward. We know that day is already scheduled on God's calendar. It's there, written in ink, programmed into his Palm Pilot, or whatever He uses to keep up with all of our little worries and wants. The day is approaching, it's iminent, and it will happen. For today, I am going to focus on the bazillion blessings that are all around me (that quite frankly, God is probably a little perturbed that I have been ignoring) and not worry so much about the blessing that's on it's way. I have been around this block before, I know the adoption WILL happen. I know the stress and the worry of the wait, like the pains and aches of pregnancy and labor, all melt away when you are holding that little angel for the first time. So I will count this among my blessings because God has promised not to leave a work unfinished, and I know that He is working in this time, as much as He is in the receiving of the gift.

"Whenever a woman is in labor, she has pain, because her hour has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has come into the world. Therefore, you too have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you." John 16:21-22

No comments:

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?