Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Monday, April 28, 2008

A three post kind of day...

Wow, am I ever productive today! This is my third post AND my house is clean. Well, my upstairs is clean, my downstairs is simply straight. AND I'm almost done with all the laundry. Don't ask me why I did the laundry so early in the week, clearly I got overly excited about my production level or something. Anyway, I'll just have to do more laundry before my mom comes (you know, I don't want her doing laundry, I want her giving every ounce of her attention to my kiddos.) But I digress. What I am REALLY excited about is that we are PACKED! YES, that's right, we are actually packed. I hadn't planned on doing that today, it just sort of happened. As I was folding clothes, I'd just put things I knew I wanted to take into the suitcase and before you know it, there it was. Six days worth of clothes and other necessities (all the packing list stuff had gone in days ago.)

Anyway, since I'm desperately in need of something else to stress over (hahaha), I'm now wondering if women in St. Pete wear capri pants. Not that it matters, I could hold up an American flag and it wouldn't make me look like any more of a tourist. But I've packed two pair of capris (the weather is supposed to be warm for a good part of next week) and I wonder if this is appropriate?

I can NOT believe I am posting about packing to go and meet my daughter. I really cannot believe it. I thought this post would never come. I have watched so many families make these posts, prepare for trips, report on referrals, etc. It all seemed like some distant land that I was visiting by slow boat. But it's finally here. Brian warned me tonight that my optimism was flying a little too high. He reminded me of how many things can still go wrong (see, I live with Thomas AND he lives with me! :) But I am deciding to believe that this is in God's plan, that He has pre-destined this, and that we will not be left without hope.

1 Corinthians 3:23
"For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

3 comments:

Carol said...

I hope they wear capris because that is what I planned on packing!! I have a few new pairs just for the trip. Shoes are what has concerned me, sandals or sneakers, what do you think? Glad to hear you are packed so early. Carol

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I just found your blog. I think you posted on ours before, and we appreciate your comments. I wanted to say best wishes as you travel to meet your daughter! That is so exciting! By the way, we live in Nashville, too! Have a safe trip!

Nicole said...

Wow... Three days and counting!!!! I am so excited for you guy's. Have a safe and wonderful trip!
Nicole

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?