Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Progress!

Okay, I have done battle with the Thomas (doubter) in me and I think I have finally shut him up for a while. On the other hand, maybe I have just been too busy to listen to him. Wow, I didn't realize that obtaining a visa could be so exhausting. First of all, Russian hotels and apartment coordinators do not work quickly in getting you reservations. It's not like you pick up the phone, give the dates and a credit card, and get a confirmation code. I've never done any of this before. Through our last two adoptions and four trips to Russia, I have been a "kept woman" so to speak, in that my agency always obtained the visa, booked the hotels, and once they even made flight arrangements for us. I didn't know how spoiled I was.

Anyway, so far I have narrowed down the accomodations to about two different places. Brian has confirmed our plane tickets. We have the voucher AND the invitation in hand. I am getting the money orders tomorrow and off they go to New York to the consulate for a three to five day processing. We should have the visas back in hand no later than next Friday, April 25, barring any unforeseen problem. See, I just know that something is going to be wrong with the visa application or they are going to need some additional paperwork and all this is just going to come to a screeching halt. Shut up, Thomas!!!!

Anyway, to calm my nerves, I have to admit I did a little on-line shopping today. I couldn't help myself, after looking at Michelle's blog last night (http://therobsons-afamilystory.blogspot.com/) I realized I didn't have nearly enough adorable girly stuff. It's only fair that Mary Margaret look her best when she meets Ariana for the first time! :) And everyone else in her life. And when she sees them for the 15,327th time, for that matter.

Isaiah 41:9-10
"You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its remotest parts and said to you, "You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Okay ... michelle is trouble! I looked at her blog and said I have not done nearly the damage that she has.She had some of the cutest clothes that I have ever seen! As women we must keep up! She has inspired me to shop online also this morning. Have fun !
Nicole

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?