Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Friday, April 11, 2008

A Pink Princess Bed and Amazing Friends






Okay, I must first say that I have THE most amazing friends. No, truly, the most amazing! I am not just talking about a good group of women here. I am talking about a group of girls that are diverse, devoted, and AMAZING! I cannot believe how much God has blessed me with this group of girls to surround me. My friends are Godly, thoughtful, caring, and supportive. And this group of girls are walking this walk with me, in the midst of their crazy lives (traveling husband, working mom, infant mom, Mayor's wife, etc. etc.) and really caring about each and every moment. This is a group of women who care for me like a mother cares, but in the down in the trenches, I'm with you sister, kind of way. As I sit here trying to explain what these women are and mean in my life, I realize that words are so inadequate. They are too precious to convey in words. These are bone deep friendships that are safe and strong. We share every sorrow, joy, struggle, laugh and cry together. And these are the kind of friendships that if I only had ONE friend like this in my life I would be more fortunate than many women I know. But the fact that I have MULTIPLE friendships like this is just beyond belief for me. I really think that girlfriends, good ones, are an essential component to being a woman, but an indispensable part of being a Mom. I could not have gotten through some of my long days without these girls. Anyway, I'm gushing at this point and you've probably stopped reading. But I do have a point to the endless praise...
These crazy beautiful girls bought me THE most amazing baby gift yesterday... total spur of the moment "moment", but FABULOUS!!!! You have to see "the bed"... I mean, this is THE BED!!!! It's a toddler sized bed that fits my crib mattress. When we realized that our daughter will most likely still be in a crib and not a big bed, we were just planning to get our crib out of the attic and put it to the test of a fourth Harrison baby. :) But yesterday, my friends and I were at an art studio near our house called Silo Studios (I would like so you could see it, but I don't know how to do that yet) and the first thing I saw when we walked in was this to-die-for bed! I was debating whether to buy it and two of these girls got on the phone with the other girls and next thing I know, it's being loaded into my car. Then I spent the rest of the day blubbering about what great friends they are and how blessed I am to have them, etc. etc. I mean, to tell you how awesome they are, this is the FOURTH round of baby-gift buying that these girls have been through with me and they are STILL finding the energy to celebrate the moment. They are genuinely excited about this big event in our lives. I mean, at some point, you would think they would be sick of me adding babies and just say, "good luck to you!" :) Anyway... now that I have pulled myself together from the emotional wreck I was yesterday, I'm just sitting in her room salivating over this precious throne-like bed that's just perfect for the sister of three big brothers! :)


One last note, it's starting to seem more imminent that we could travel on the 20th and I decided I better get my butt in gear and DO something... so I've started piling up things I can't forget to take (the essentials as seen here are electric converter, knitting bag with all my knitting stuff, World Without End by Ken Follett, Tylenol PM, baby wipes, measuring tape to measure her legs, arms, head, etc. for sewing and for the doctors, notebook for writing stuff down, packing list.) I'm putting them on her dresser, so for the "scrapbook", here's a photo of the beginning prep for travel... sitting atop the sweet new dresser I did for her!






1 comment:

Sonja Lowell said...

Ok, you've got me blubbering now too, in the midst of the sound of our boys practicing band! Ondrea, it is pure joy living life with you... and I cannot wait to meet Mary Margaret!

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?