Look how long it's been since our little princess got her forever family:

Monday, April 28, 2008

Ready... I think!

Someone posted on our adoption list a while back that they were an organized procrastinator. I can totally identify with that. I have made lists, written something "to do" on my calendar for every day this week, spent countless hours going through these motions in my head, but I haven't actually DONE anything to get ready for our trip. So, for all the planning and working it out, this week will be crazy because now I have to actually DO all the things I've been thinking of all this time.

I'm starting with cleaning my house. I am not sure why I'm starting here because there's no way we'll keep it that way til my mom gets here. But I can't pack and prepare in an unorganized house, so today is laundry and cleaning day. :)

And we still don't have our visas, however, I did get a tracking number today from the consulate and the FedEx site says they are on the truck and ready to be delivered to us today. So, hopefully I'll be checking that one off the list.

The hotel has still not been able to confirm our reservation because the credit card company has denied the charge four times. Even though I have removed the security hold on my account! So, I spoke with a "supervisor" today and assured her that there is no fraud involved, to please allow the hotel to put the charge through. Hopefully she will take care of this and we will have a bed when we get to Russia. If not, I may panic.

The tickets arrived on Friday, so that's done and in hand. All that's left to do is my list.

Today is the day that two other families are supposed to be registered in St. Pete. I am so hoping that they will be registered as planned and that they can start being excited and looking forward to referrals. I know too well that anticipation of "the day" you have been waiting for. I'll be checking in with them shortly to see if there is any news.

Right now I'm waiting for a call from C at CSS to tell me how much money I need to carry with me for the Russian medicals. That is something we are really hoping to avoid having to do since we just had our medicals updated. We are taking them with us to St. Pete in hopes that they will be acceptable to the judge, but C doesn't seem too hopeful about this. I'm saying a prayer that this will go smoother than C expects it to.

Okay, I'm off to play Cinderella (scrubbing, washing, etc.) and hope that the clock does not strike 12 before I'm done. :)

1 Corinthians 2:9
"Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him."

1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

Ha! I'm the organized procrastinator and I'm proud to say that, despite leaving in 18 days, I'm STILL procrastinating. :-) I hope you got a lot of cleaning done and were able to mark some things off of your list!

I see you looking!

Where in the world are you?